VisualGPS (Freeware) incorporates many advanced features found in professional programs. Its
sole purpose is to display graphically specific NMEA 0183 sentences and show the
effects of selective availability (SA).
- Azimuth and Elevation Graph - View all satellites that are in view.
Each satellite identifies its pseudo random number (PRN) and its azimuth and elevation.
Also plot and print the physical mask angle.
- Survey - The survey window displays both position and xDOP (HDOP and
VDOP) parameters. The ability for user selectable HDOP/VDOP color thresholds for position
averaging make a great utility. Also monitor Standard Deviation and effects of Selective
Availability. That's not all - print the results graphically. (Click
here for example print output) (in PDF format - 157K)
- Signal Quality/SNR Window - Monitor satellite signal to noise ratios
and see them graphically on the screen. The signal quality window will grow or shrink to
accommodate number of satellites in view
Navigation - Monitor latitude, longitude and altitude
NMEA Command Monitor - View NMEA sentences as they are
- GPS Receiver connected to a RS-232 port with NMEA 0183 output - NMEA demo file included
for those who do not have a GPS receiver
- Windows 2000 sp4, Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7
- 486 100MHz or higher microprocessor
- SVGA at least 1024X768 resolution
- 16 megabytes of RAM
- 6 megabytes of disk space
- One available RS-232 port (or captured NMEA text file - included)
- VisualGPS decodes the following NMEA 0183 sentences:
Download a free copy of VisualGPS program. It is a 32 bit program written for both the
Windows 2000, XP and Vista environments. This software is freeware
and there is not charge for it.